CSE & IT Engineering
S. Abinash(HOD CSE)
COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
The Vision :
To build healthy academic ambiences align with frontline research, quality teaching and competitive environment responding swiftly to the cutting age technologies of the 21st century.
The Mission :
- Provide quality education in both theory and practice and building science and engineering, and train students to effectively apply this knowledge to solve real-world problems , thereby amplifying their potential for lifelong high-quality careers and give them a competitive edge in the ever changing , challenging global work environment of the 21st century.
- Conduct research to advance the state of the art in computer science and integrate research results and innovations into other science and engineering disciplines.
- Provide computer science education and training to students in other departments.
- Provide computer awareness to the rural youths living in the periphery.
The department has developed 9 (Nine) state-of-the-art laboratories such as :
- BASIC COMPUTING LAB
- GRAPHICS & MULTIMEDIA LAB
- DATABASE LAB
- SYSTEM PROGRAMMING LAB
- ON-LINE APPLICATION LAB
- ORGANISATION & NETWORKING LAB
- INTERNET & WEB TECHNOLOGY LAB
- PROJECT LAB
- SOFTWARE ENGG. LAB
The curriculum in Computer Science & Engineering lays greater emphasis on design and development in addition to application software packages and coding.
The department has signed several MOUs, notably with Oracle, IBM, Infosys Campus Connect, EMC, L&T Infotech for student and faculty training. The institute has implemented Infosys campus connect programme, Oracle Work Force development programme and EMC data storage system programme.
The department has more than 400 desktops of latest configuration and 4 high-end servers to cater to computational needs of the faculty and students. It has Systems softwares like Window server-2003, Novel Netware 5.1, Microsoft MSDN Academic Alliance, licensed application softwares like Fortran, Pascal, Cobol, Borland Turbo C, MS Office 2003, Visual Studio Net 2003, Oracle 10g, Dreamweaver-8. The department has established Internet connectivity with a dedicated line of 10 mbps from BSNL covering the entire campus including hostels through wireless LAN.
The de partment offering M.Tech Programme in Computer Science & Engineering since academic year 2009.
SERVER ROOM :
1. IBM X 3650 server 02 numbers.
2. IBM X 345 server 02 numbers.
3. HCL Net manager 1415 server 01 number.
4. Compaq Pro LIAN 330 Server 01 number.
- Router – D link DI 2641 01 number.
- Firewall - D link UTM-DFL 1660 01 number.
- Switches- D link (layer 3) 03 numbers.
- Switches- D link (layer 2) 26 numbers.
- Access points D link (3200AP) 38 numbers.
- Laboratory | Model | No. of Systems | Courses Conducted
- Graphics & multimedia Zenith P-IV 30 C, DSTC, RDBMS, Computer graphics,IWT
- System programming lab Zenith P-IV 32 C, DSTC, RDBMS,Operating system, C++
- Database lab HCL P-IV 33 RDBMS, DSTC,C++
- Basic computing lab Zenith P-IV 34 C, DSTC, RDBMS,C++
- Project lab Zenith P-IV 30 Project
- On line application lab Zenith core 2 duo 40 Campus Connect program, On line applications.
- Organization & Networking Lab Zenith P-IV 15 Organization , Networking
- Computer center (Internet Lab) WIPRO Core 2 duo Zenith P-IV 60
- Software Engineering Lab - WIPRO Core 2 duo 18 nos.
CENTRAL SERVICE FACILITATION:
- Wi-Fi Campus (24*7)Design, implementation & Maintenance
- Maintenance of 10MBps dedicated leased line internet connectivity.
- Maintenance of Digital Library.
- All Department and Student Computing Requirements are met by our Faculty and Staff members.
INDUSTRY INSTITUTE INTERACTION:
CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES OF THE STUDENTS
Technical Talk on Present Energy Scenario