The Vision :
To form a full-fledged scintillating department imparting high knowledge of technical excellence ingrained with sagacity .
The Mission :
- To disseminate high skilled technical education so as to equip students with professional competence to cope up with global challenges & to imbibe the habit of persistence and continual learning aptitude.
The Department has 6 State of art laboratories such as :
- CONCRETE & MATERIAL TESTING LAB
- GEOTECHNICAL LAB
- ENVIRONMENTAL ENGG.LAB
- COMPUTER AIDED DRAFTING LAB
- TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING LAB
- SURVEY LAB
TThe department of Civil Engineering was
established in the year 2009 with an intake
capacity of 60. The department has earned
name & fame due to its academic excellence. It
has well equipped laboratories at par with the
need of modern Industries. The department is
committed to nurture & groom engineers of
high caliber with sound technical knowledge & problem solving capabilities. The faculty
members are very committed individuals with
good track records in academics. .
rigorous education that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies.
application to Software Product design, with high machine intelligent quotient.
engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering
problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
professional ethics and codes of professional practice.
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to solve complex problems in civil engineering
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex civil engineering problems using first principle of mathematics, basic science & engineering
- Ability to design, implement & evaluate civil engineering projects to meet societal and environmental needs.
- Ability to design and conduct complex civil engineering experiments as well as to analyze and interpret the experimental data.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for relevant engineering practices.
- Ability to assess impact of contemporary social issues on professional practice.
- Ability to recognize the sustainability and environmental impact of the engineering solutions.
- Ability to follow prescribed norms, responsibilities and ethics in engineering practices.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and in a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral, written and pictorial means with engineering community and the society at large.
- Ability to recognize the need for and to engage in lifelong learning.
- Ability to understand and apply engineering and management principles in executing project.
Civil Engineering Department has a COE (CENTER OF EXCELLENCE) in
Remote Sensing & GIS and Architectural Design along with Vastu.
FACULTY ACHIEVEMENT PUBLICATION:
- Development and analysis of a prototype dismountable tensegrity structures for shelter purposes by R Panigrahi published in International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering 3 (4), 561-578-2010
- Ultimate bearing capacity of shallow strip foundation under eccentrically inclined load: part I by R N Behara, published in International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering 6 (3), 343- 352 ,2012.
- Ultimate bearing capacity of shallow strip foundation under eccentrically inclined load, Part II by R N Behara published in International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering 6 (4), 507- 514,2012
- Impact of ferrochrome ash & gypsum powder on properties of concrete by Shrinu Mohanty published in International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) Vol.6 Issue 07, july-2017
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT:
- Department of Civil Engineering provides facilities of testing & consultancy to the Government & private sector. The department has expertise faculties & research laboratories which promotes innovations & creativity in the minds of students. The research project under taken provides practical solution to problems faced by society. BCUD funded projects were based on ground water quality analysis, Solid waste & waste water treatment techniques, advancement in concrete technology
INDUSTRY INSTITUTE INTERACTION:
Civil Engineering department has started from the academic session 2009-10. The Professors looking after the devevlopment of the department.
Industrial Tour :
3rd & 4th Year students are visited an "Industrial Tour" to Korian Byepass "OVERBRIDGE CONSTRUCTION WORK" on 26/10/2019.Mr Shrinu Mohanty, Mrs Reetanjali Nanda & Miss Kumkum Priyadarshini of our department will visited with the students to guide them.
CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES OF THE STUDENTS
The Civil Engineering Student's Association AAKARA was formed on the Year 2015. AAKARA
represents current students within the Civil Engineering Department. The main motto of
AAKARA is to organize the Technical events & Expert talks of the Industrial Expertise to bridge
the Gap between Academics & Industries.
Activities Under AAKARA